School was called off again today, due to inclement weather. I woke up, showered, had my coffee and then got the call. Lets just say I was less then enthused! But I have been trying all morning to think SUNNY thoughts, even though I know I will be working until a hot and sweltering June 26th!
Since I had the time, I read my usual fit blogs more closely, and found some great recipe ideas for this week; starting with this morning's pancakes. I am in love with a banana protein panackae recipe via Carrots N Cake, so I browsed her recipe page to broaden my pancake horizons. I decided to make a traditional pancakes recipe and add fruit and other toppings to "spice" them up a bit. The recipe is as follows and my alterations are in parenthesis
"A Really Good Pancake Recipe" (with some added protein) adapted from Carrots N Cake:
Makes 8 pancakes
|I love pancakes, and I'm so cute!!!|
- 1.5 cups flour (The recipe called for "all purpose" but I didn't have enough, so I mixed with whole wheat and they came out just fine)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt (I omitted this. I typically do when baking)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1.5 cups vanilla soy milk ( I did not have vanilla soy, so I mixed coconut, plain almond milk and a little vanilla for taste.)
- 3 oz low-fat Greek yogurt (I once again was short plain Greek yogurt, but had enough vanilla flavored so that went in the bowl)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp canola oil (I used vegetable)
- Heat and Spray pan
- Cook each pancake for 3 minutes each side
- I added toppings while they were cooking. I used blueberries and chocolate chips for Mark.
Questions of the Day:
Who made the BEST pancakes you've ever had (it can be a restaurant)? What do you think is their secret?
Websites that may interest you: