Monday, March 11, 2013

Vegas workout numero UNO

Good Morning from Sin City!
  This morning I awoke before the rest of the group(no surprise there) and decided to explore the fitness center and spa at Caesar's Palace.  The spa "blue" is world renowned, and I could tell as soon as I stepped up the lavish stairs to see the decor.  This place was truly exquisite, decorated in stone and as clean as a whistle!  I did not partake in the spa portion of the fitness center, but I did visit the gym, which was also quite nice!  The gym had MANY cardio machines such as treadmills, elliptical, bikes, "skaters" and many free and fixed weights.  On the whole this was by far the nicest and largest hotel gym I have ever seen. although cruises usually have great ones too!  The down fall of this gym is that even though it's size was big, it still wasn't big enough!  The first day I needed to wait for an elliptical, but I didn't care because I had a lot fo time on my hands.  The first day was a favorite workout of mine, and one I typically do when I'm away....CIRCUITS.  It is a great way to get to try all sorta of fun machines!
My circuit consisted of the following:
2 miles  on the treadmill at 7.0
2 miles on the "Skater"
( The skater machine makes you feel like you're roller blading, and is tricky to get the hang of but fun and quasi addictive)
2 miles on the Elliptical

Then and arms circuit:
10 push ups
10 dips
repeat
  Are you ready for the best part of the Gym....?!?!?
Free coffee, water and fruit!  This may seem silly, but in a city where nothing is healthy or free, I really took advantage of these three amenities!  Today I had an apple, a coffee (Starbucks!!!) and refilled my Camel Bak about three times.  What a Score!

Katie and Ashley enjoying the gorgeous pool and warm towels!!

Gene and I went in!!

After the gym we ventured out to the pool, which was very nice but FREEZING!  We stayed for about an hour and a half, and then got freezing and famished.  The six of us decided to walk the "strip" in search for food.  Along the way we visited Fat Tuesdays, which serves VERY large frozen drinks with LOTS of Alcohol!  I did not get one, but many members of our group deemed them DELISH!



After walking for what seemed like eternity, we decided on Gilly's, a country bar and grill.  This was a great choice because the food was delicious and affordable.  I ordered a giant pretzel for an appetizer.  It came with mustard and cheese dipping sauces, and was one of the best things I have ever had!  For my meal, I ordered a turkey burger with avocado.  The burger was okay, and slightly taste-less.  This didn't bother me too much because the pretzel was just SOO good!

Best.appetizer.ever.

  After eating and drinking our bucket-o-buds, we decided to ride the mechanical bull.... sounds like a great idea right?  It was actually really fun, funny, and very hard.  Talk about a REAL inner thigh workout!

 We need to get ready for our Brazilian dinner at Texas de Brazil.  This is one of my favorite restaurants and for some reason, they are a chain that is not around my area.  I ate at the one in Aruba a few years back and fell in love.  When I was searching Trip Advisor and I saw they were also in Vegas... we just HAD to go.  I also found a 15% off coupon online.. score.
xoxo,
Jeanie

No comments:

Post a Comment