Monday, April 8, 2013

Restaurant Review: Alden Park Plymouth, Ma

Last night, Mark and I ventured over to the Colony Place in Plymouth for a few quick returns and dinner at Alden Park.  Alden Park was recommended by a colleague and friend, so I was excited to try it.
 We started out  afternoon out with a few returns at Old Navy and my first visit to "Charming Charlie".  The returns went smoothly, and Charming Charlie's is incredible.  They sell primarily accessories, but they also have a few eccletic dreses, and shirts.  I was utterly impressed with the prices and item variety and originality.  I ended up purchasing a sleeveless dress for our upcoming trip to Jamaica that is white, croqueted material with a long leather belt.  (getting pretty excited!!).  I also pruchases to slip dresses four some upcoming spring events.  The slip dress is a new concept for me.  They feel so light, airy and comfortable, but I am alsways concerb they are too short.  Mark and the sales clerk assured me that each dress looked fine, but I still have my worries!  (more photos to come of each dress).
  After  shopping, we headed to Alden park.  We were both starving, so we were psyched when our server greeted us with garlic bread and a parmesean garlc butter spread.  In fact, the bread was so good , Mark thought that was our appetizer!  I order the roasted vegetable and cheese appetizer.  I thought this would be like a fondue with roasted veggies and pita bread.  When it came out, it was more like a spinach and artichoke dip with some veggies inside the dip, and bread served on the side for dipping.  Although this was not the "light dish" I expected, it was truly delicious.  Mark ordered the lettuce wraps which were also good, but a bit spicy for my taste buds.  We split an entree, the land and seas skewers, which were also good.  The consisted of a shrimp and streak skewer, served over mashed potatoes and a side of asparagus.  On the whole, our meal and drinks (red sangria) were excellent, and we would definantly go back.  They also offer $5 appetizers at the bar through the week, which is exciteing.  The appetizers were excellent, so I would consider heading back for this promotion.

Onto next week.... Mark and I are traveling to Jamaica NEXT WEEK!!!! The trip was relatively last minute, and I am seeking out fun things to do and see.  Please, Please, Please leave a comment if you have been.  This far I have the following intriguing adventures:

Seven Mile Beach and Booby Cay:
  We are staying in Montego Bay, but we were considering heading to Negril for a day to enjoy the Seven Mile Beach.  Across from Seven Mile Beach, there is a remote island called Booby Cay.  Apparently you can catch and purchase your own BBQed lobster right there on the beach?  Sounds kind of cool, so I think mark and I may look into this.

Deep Sea Fishing:
  Mark loves to fish in MA, so he often looks for these opportunities when we travel.  I have been on contact with a few deep sea fishing charters, who have been EXTREMELY helpful.  We are hoping to do a half day charter out of either Montego Bay or Negrill.   I am not one for fishing, but I will gladly go because many of the companies claim to sea dolphins while fishing ;)  I hope I get to !
Happy Red Sox Opening Day!
xoxo,
Jeanie

Ps... Can't wait for Abby's Kick Ass 5K tomorrow!! I have my outfit already picked out!
Question of the day:
  Any fun Jamaican  attractions I should know about ?

No comments:

Post a Comment