Friday, April 19, 2013

Dinner at Mo Bay Steakhouse and DayTwo in Paradise:


  The Mo Bay Steakhouse was lovely, or at least I thought so.  My Mom and Mark both ordered the land and sea skewers and thought they were “okay”.   However, I ordered a filet of sea bass served with seasonal veggies and LOVED every last bite!  The meal was also served with a plated appetizer of tempura veggies, which I had never tried before.  They were good, and rather sinful! 
  Earlier in the day, The three of us watched a destination wedding take place, and the reception happened to be at the steakhouse.  It was heartwarming to see the bride and groom with their families and friends.  The ceremony was also very island-esque, with tropical and bright flowers, loose flowing dresses, and the beach on the horizon.  We have talked to and seen a few destination weddings since we have been here.  I guess I have mixed views.  I would love to go away with my family and friends and have a simple  and fun wedding, but I feel horrible about the associated costs.  Not to mention, what if important people in your life don’t have the means or time off to attend?  Food for thought I guess, but I sure do love the laid back, island vibe!
   The night wrapped up at the sports bar again for a gin rummy tournament.  Mark and I always play while on vacation,  and we are trying to get my Mom into the game.  This time Mark won, but we were neck and neck for a while.




 Day Two
  I awoke earlier to normal (always happens to me on vacation), but the front desk said the gym didn’t open until 8.   I headed down there around 8, to find a jam-packed gym.  Oh well!  I ran for about 20 minutes, and the treadmill stopped.  I eventually found out that they overheat after 20 minutes of use, so I just ran for time in two 20 minutes sessions.  Not too shabby!  My whole workout was as follows:
 2 x 20 minutes running for time ( the pace was in kilometers, but I assume it was sub 8:30)

Abs and Arm Circuit (repeat twice)
 Crunches x 10
20 bicycle crunches
10 push-ups
10 dips

After The gym, My mom and I met Mark at the breakfast buffet.  This place has  a little something for everyone, especially at breakfast.  I compiled a yogurt bowl consisting of fresh cut melons, walnuts, almonds, plain yogurt and a bit of granola.  I also had a half slice of French toast afterward, which was the perfect sweet ending.  The three of us spent the day relaxing at the beach and the pool. My mom did water aerobics which looked like fun, but tough to do in a bandeau bathing suit with an A cup (TMI, I know)! 



Swim up bar and bar tables right in the pool!
The bar area in the pool.



  For lunch I resorted to my staple pizza and salad.  The pizza here is made on a thin crust shell, which I prefer over deeper dish or thick-crusted pizza.  Lunch also has a vast variety of options ranging from hot entrees, cold cheeses and yogurts, pizza, grilled items and pressed sandwiches.  Manja!





Question of the day:  Have you ever attended a destination wedding?  What was your experience like?

No comments:

Post a Comment