Saturday, February 23, 2013

Over the Hump...

 Well, my fever is down to 99.4, so I think I am headed over the hump!  I decided to postpone my long run this morning, for obvious reasons.  My plan is to  do a much shorter run this afternoon, if I feel up to it, or tomorrow morning.  Then, perhaps Tuesday or Wednesday, run the nine miles I was slotted for this week.  I am very bummed that I need to interrupt my training schedule, simply because the race is around the corner; but I know if I ran today it wouldn't have been pretty.
  Since I had some time this morning, I made a nice healthy breakfast for Mark and I.  The last two days have been dismal to non existent in the nutrition department, so I went to town this morning concocting a healthy, nutrient packed meal!  
Bon Appétit!


Looking very Patriotic!

Protein Pancakes:
3 eggs
1/4 cup almond flour( wheat, soy, or traditional white flour can work too)
2 ripe bananas ( The original recipe calls for three, but I prefer just using the two)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup nut butter ( I have used almond, soy, and peanut butter)
 optional*  I add chia seeds while the pancakes are cooking for added goodness

- Place all ingredients in the immersion blender and blend away!
                                                                                                                                                                          - Pour  into a sprayed pan and cook away!
 -  Add  berries if you'd like      
** Adapted from the original recipe, courtesy of Carrotsncake


  

Mark loves these!
Spinach, Garlic and mushroom Egg Scramble:
-place a tbs of margarine and a tbs of garlic into the frying pan on high
- once hot, add baby spinach and 'shrooms
- While cooking, blend together 2 whole eggs and three egg whites
-add egg whites to veggie mixture and stir
* optional- add shredded cheese if you desire

  





What to do today....
  Well other than my run (I'm still hopeful), I plan on getting together with my mom to plan a potential getaway for April vacation.  We are thinking of visiting Destin FL, or Jamaica.  I also need to grade MANY more projects!!!  

Other exciting pieces of news:
  Tomorrow I will participate in my first Cycle-a-thon for rare cancers!  We are cycling at a gym in Boston, and I am super excited.  The event was supposed to be Sunday 2/10, but was rescheduled due to our IMMENSE amounts of snow, driving ban, and parking restrictions.  Tomorrow will be a ton of fun, and I'm thrilled to share that our team has raised almost $7,000!!!!!

Links you may be interested in:

Question for the morning:
Do you ever get worried when training for something and "things"(ie life, illness etc) get in the way?
What's your favorite nutritious and delicious breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment