Thursday, February 21, 2013

Good Morning!

Good Thursday morning to you!
  As usual I awoke very early this morning due to two dogs beckoning for their breakfast.  It amazes me how scheduled these furry friends can become! Although it was early, I was well rested and ready to start on the 43089 projects I have left to do before vacation concludes.  I immediately fed Tucker, then Clover, the dog I am watching this week, (see dog sitting post), and put on a pot of New England Coffee Roaster's French Vanilla.  I also unloaded the pesky dishwasher ( I wonder how much one would be that loads and unloads itself?!? now that would ROCK), and started in on a surprise healthy breakfast to share with Mark when he returns home from the gym.  He has been working very hard to shed some extra lbs lately, and I have been trying to help him in the areas or portion control, making wise choices, being cognizant about the time of day and the exercise you've completed, and adding cardio to regimen.  He is weighing in at the gym today, so I am hoping this more diligent approach will pay off!  Breakfast this morning consisted of  of the following:

Egg Cupcakes:
3 large eggs
3 egg whites
6 slices of thin cut turkey bacon
2 tbs mozzarella cheese
- whip the eggs and egg whites together in a bowl.  I actually used the measuring cup for easy pouring
- take the bacon and wrap it around the muffin tin piece by piece. *  This is where you can alter the recipe a bit.  In the past, I have heavily sprayed the muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and cooked the eggs right in the pan. Although the eggs didn't stick too badly, the left an egg residue that take some serious elbow grease to remove.  This time I tried muffin liners and am thinking they are the better way to go.
-Pour the egg mixture into each muffin slot.  fill about 3/4 of the way to the top.
-Sprinkle cheese on each one.  You could also add cut veggies here too.
-Bake @350 for about 15 minutes.  If the eggs look watery, keep baking!


Enjoy your Morning!
Question of the morning?
 As you know from my blog title, breakfast is my favorite meal and I can eat it at any time of the day!  What are some of your favorite healthy (or not so healthy) breakfast recipes?


  

1 comment:

  1. Note to readers..... The cupcake liners were an epic fail!!! This time the eggs didn't tick to the pan, but they did to the liner! Nothing worse than that metal taste in your mouth. GROSS! Perhaps next time I will spray and line them ? Who knows!

    ReplyDelete