Monday, May 6, 2013

Katie's Shower and eating more than you can stand...

Yesterday was Katie's shower and a GORGEOUS day to celebrate a GORGEOUS girl on the Plymouth waterfront!  The fellow bridesmaids and I gathered at Issac's in Plymouth around 9am to set up the function room with the centerpieces, cupcakes and cookies we created with Katie in mind.  We originally wanted to display our cupcakes on tiers, but the ones we purchased were a but flimsy, so we went to  plan B.
I love the way they look organized on this table.  I am not biased at all ( considering I did it) hah!

Centerpieces made by the very Crafty Jenn

Cookies look and taste great, Kaitlyn!
Katie arrived shortly after her guests in a stunning Lilly Pulitzer dress.  Since she knew about the shower, she had the opportunity to look, well good!  I always feel terrible for the brides that arrive to the shower in gym clothes and make-up form the night before.  Talk about horrible to feel a mess in front ( literally for hours) of everyone you know!  I am not a huge make-up gal anyways, but it is always nice to at least appear clean!
Katie and Andrew ( her fiance)

   After a few hellos, the food was ready on the buffet.  We had a brunch composed of fresh fruit and pastries, scrambled eggs, the most divine au gratin potatoes, eggs Benedict, breakfast meats, chicken and rice and pasta in a cream sauce.  The food was delicious and it is rather embarrassing how much I ate!  In fact, I went up to the buffet twice and had a puzzle piece cookie before the real meal!
Katie got some great gifts off her registry and some really creative homemade housewares. I felt like the paparazzi taking all these photos:)   

The De-Lux croc pot from Amanda.  Notice how it is as big as Tara!

Jenn is so great at crafts!


After finishing off both my plates and two mimosas, I feasted on a cupcake and felt like I could explode. Why, oh,  why do I do this to myself at parties?!?!
    After the gifts were all opened, we took a few last pics of the bridals party etc and started hauling all the gadgets to the car. The day was a big success on the whole, minus my gluttony of course!
Kristin, Danyelle, Amanda, Katie, Tara, Kaitlyn, Me and Jenn.  Note to self... I need to wear heals with these leggy beauties!

Literally hauling the gifts via  two wheeler to the cars.  She made out like a bandit!




No comments:

Post a Comment